Monday, October 15, 2007
save the environment!
today is blog action day, so i am reminding you that shutting off your computer for a few hours will not be the end of the world. in fact - it will probably help the world.
A LIST OF THINGS I AM DOING TO HELP THE ENVIRONMENT
- not turning the heat on in our apartment yet. it is like zero degrees in here. i have five layers on right now. not even an exaggeration (leotard, tank top, long sleeve shirt, furry sweatshirt, coat).
- using those sweet re-usable shopping bags from wegman's. which, by the way, can hold a ton more groceries than plastic bags.
- growing tomato plants.
- driving my dad's hybrid because he stole my car.
A LIST OF THINGS I PROBABLY SHOULDN'T BE DOING
- driving 4 hours to albany to get my bike (to ride to and from s. campus... right) and then not taking it out of my car for 3 months. then driving it home again.
- living a million miles from campus. (negated by hybrid car-use)
- keep promising myself that i will buy those squiggly lightbulbs and then forgetting and buying the regular ones.
Labels: links, lists, save the world
1:03 PM link it!