Sunday, September 30, 2007
so it was pretty much the greatest day ever
that's right. that IS number 28, mr. paul gaustad, future husband slash acquaintance. and yes. he is within like a FOOT of my head and our hands are almost touching. *sigh*
8:38 PM link it!
Friday, September 28, 2007
stella says hi
once again, i'm feeling lazy, so this entry will be mostly pictures and un-ordered lists (remember that from mgs351? -, etc). ok i lied, these are mostly little blurbs rather than lists. and the one list is ordered... its numbered. and no pictures. whatever. i should have just deleted and re-written the first sentence, but instead i just keep writing. wow.
IN OTHER NEWS
my contacts are really messed up so i often have to take one out in the middle of the day (usually while on campus). this has resulted in much one-eyed driving and many more headaches than necessary. i don't really know what to do since... well i just don't know what to do. i guess i could call my optometrist. nah.
i am performing tomorrow night (well tonight since its now 1am) at the CFA in a poetry collaboration project. thing. with dancers. and poetry. and weirdness. at least our dance has music... some of the pieces are just people reading a poem and dancers dancing. i'm not
artistic enough for those type of performances. i would probably just giggle. i guess i'm not mature enough.
PODCASTS I HAVE BEEN ENJOYING LATELY
i have recently discovered the majesty of podcasts. i have always detested them based on their name alone, i thought they were stupid because they were another corny mutation of iGhey slash Apple/Mac lingo. but now i have fully embraced their corniness (and free of chargeness) and am now a believer. i have seen the light.
so for all of you (equal: no one) who also enjoy podcasts, i will list the ones that i have found particularly interesting. they are all based around my driving habits since that is when i listen to them. because i'm a huge dork and like to listen to audiobook-ish things. apparently the parental-o-meter from last entry didn't gauge horrible interests because then i would totally be kenzilla. audiobooks and all. (oooh unordered list!!! see i didnt lie)
- Grammar Girl - because haven't you ever wondered if the past tense of hang is hanged or hung?? (see episode 34) her episodes are short and sweet, meaning i can listen to a whole one from the CFA to Hadley (about 4-5 minutes)
- NPR: Selected Shorts - because i like stories. each episode generally has two to three short stories, usually one contemporary and one not-so much. i usually like the first story better, but maybe it has something to do with my attention span. i listen to these from my aparment to north campus (about 15-20 minutes per story).
- Savage Lovecast - because dan savage cuts through the bullshit and tells a-holes when they're being a-holes, etc. and i enjoy listening to him cut people down. i am evil. these usually take two trips (to north and back, or to pilates and then to north)
those are three that i'm sold on for now. i will let you know when i like a new one. cause i know you're waiting with baited breath. ooh podcast. so sexy. and now a random cat picture because i said i didn't have pictures and now aren't you surprised?
Labels: college, dance, kitteh, photo
12:53 AM link it!
Monday, September 17, 2007
so i look like my mom by a billion % more then kenzilla. quel surprise.
something i bet you didn't know:
nate looks like rob reiner (whoever
that is, thank you wikipedia) and i look like angelina jolie. these results make me slightly more suspicious of myheritage.com.
Labels: links, nonsense
12:31 AM link it!
Sunday, September 16, 2007
three years of....
rap battling? you fill in the blank.
happy anniversary creep.
Labels: nathanism, photo
9:43 PM link it!
Wednesday, September 05, 2007
a school haiku
morning draws closer
so does school. sleep? nah, fk it.
first class is at two
Labels: college, haiku
11:43 PM link it!
Saturday, September 01, 2007
lazy is louder than words
trying to make up for a month's lack of posting is kind of hard, so i'll just not try.
and because i'm lazy (see last post) i will use pictures instead of words.
EVENTS THAT HAVE TRANSPIRED SINCE JULY
1. my tomato plants out-grew my dads but i had to leave before they produced more than 3 mini-tomatos. so sad.
2. i got new teacups.
3. sara and i are training the cat. unsuccessfully. sara is training her to stop meowing at 3am. i am training her to be a trapeze artist.
4. we went to a bills game. i went to two bills game. nate went to one. i sat in sara's season ticket so-close-you-can-see-their-cute-little-pants seats. nate sat in the nosebleeds. i drank a whole 24 oz. beer. nate drank some watered down sprite. suck it nate.
5. i went back to school.
Labels: lists, photo
11:57 AM link it!